Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Outlawz Color Challenge

Outlawz Feb 21st Color Challenge!

WHAT DAY IS IT?? It's a new COLOR CHALLENGE day over at The Outlawz! Woot! And again, this month our wonderful sponsor is Bugaboo Stamps.
Prize: 5 Digital Stamps - Yay!

Now here is the photo inspiration, picked by fellow DT member, our very own Ursula. Great, huh! 


I love this picture and got a very southwest feeling from it. Those pillows on the sofa just screamed use me for your inspiration.  So I did.  Then my eye caught the mount hanging on the wall.  So I added that in as my inspiration as well.  

Like always, I turned to my trusty Silhouette Cameo to help me create.  I didn't quite get the blues and cranberry colors I was hoping to pull from the sofa pillows, but I do believe I caught that southwest theme I was feeling.  I know plenty of hunters who would enjoy getting a card like this. And for a change, making a masculine card was easy for me.  

I had problems with the buck silhouette getting lost in the Aztec print, so I popped him up with dimensional dots. Made a big difference in the look.  I finished off the look with a plain brown ribbon, a bright orange button, and a happy birthday sentiment. 




I'm so glad you stopped by! And I hope you decide to join us in our this week's challenge! You just might be a winner! (In our eyes...everyone is a winner, though!)

Thanks so much, 
Kimberly 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy reading your comments.